Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Postcard

Brrrrrr! Another cold winter day, here in Southern Ontario.

We had a very pretty sunrise this morning - which warmed me up a little – but the trees are still bare and the ground is still covered in snow.

After my morning chore of shoveling the driveway, I noticed that the mailman had been by. Great! More bills!!

I was very surprised when I noticed that I had received a postcard from a very close friend…

Ahhhh! Mexico!! I’ll bet that the sun is shining and people are enjoying the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea.

The postcard read…

“Hello from the Riviera Maya Amigo Peaceman!!!

The sun is shining and all the people here are enjoying the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea.” (See – what did I tell you!) “I would like to say ‘I wish you were here’ amigo, but I see that you are here. Imagine my surprise to see your face in this postcard that I am sending to you.

Your friend always,

Mr. Jim”

Hmmmmm… strange indeed!

I took a closer look at the postcard and I did notice the shape of a person sitting at a table near the middle and to the right of the postcard image. I still couldn’t see very clearly so I got out my magnifying glass.

Yes… yes indeed! There is someone sitting at a table. I had to look a little closer…

…before I could see that this person was indeed me!!! It looks like I’m writing in my ‘Vacation Journal’ so that when I’m an old man I’ll be able to remember all the fun and excitement that I had with Joanne during our one week stay at the Blue Bay Resort in the Riviera Maya, along the eastern shore of Mexico!

Ha! Had a few of you guessing, I’m sure!!!! Silly me.

Joanne and I arrived home, last night, just before midnight – quite tired from our journey. I have lots of pictures to organize and a few blog stories to write to share our adventures, but since it’s been so long since my last entry, I thought that this would be a fun way to tell you all that I haven’t fallen of the face of the Earth.

I’m back!

I’m tanned!

And I’ll soon be unpacking my bottle of tequila from my suitcase!

Buenos dias mis amigos… until soon again.

Jim

No comments: