Friday, July 3, 2009

Peaceflowers From Around The World – Story III

Before I get into all that peaceflower stuff, I wanted to share a quick story about a peace of my art that has traveled half way around the world.


I like to give my art away to friendly people – as well as many strangers – and a few months ago I had mailed a print (of the above art) to a Facebook friend from Malaysia. Jenn Chong is a very kind and wonderful person. She is very active in many groups that try to find solutions to many hurtful problems facing many people. I was glad to send her this print to say ‘Thanks!’ for a job(s) well done/doing…


Jenn made a small photoalbum on Facebook to share my art with her friends. I thought that this was pretty neat and her friends have been leaving positive comments.


She took my artwork to this Malaysian landmark for a little visit – LOL!!!

Thanks, Jenn! I’m glad that you are liking the art – and all the other fun things – that I sent to you.

Now… on with the ‘Peaceflowers From Around The World’........

I’m very excited to say that in the last three weeks I have received nineteen peaceflowers from different places around this sexy globe of ours. That averages out to about one peaceflower every day and a quarter. That’s pretty darned impressive and I’m very grateful for all the support that this project has received from you!

Without a lot of words… let’s get to the art –


This artwork was created by a high school friend of mine – I mean… her two kids! Because of Facebook, Reema and I reconnected after the many years since high school. I now know that she also lives in London and I think that she has actually gone to see one of my art exhibits.


Janet Letkeman and I connected through Facebook. While she was drawing her peaceflower for me, her young neighbour came to visit…


… and she wanted to draw a peaceflower, too!!


In 2001-02, while Joanne and I were living in Nelson, British Columbia, I met a guy by the name of Ken. On several occasions I met and chatted with his son, Esha (who was then in high school). Esha is all grown up and he is studying at a university in Japan.


I guess that he has made at least one friend – LOL!


Kathleen and I met through Facebook. She lives in Vancouver, British Columbia and she takes many walks along this part of the beach. That is why she thought that her peaceflower belonged here. I agree, totally!!!!


Mary and I also met through Facebook. I’ve met over eight hundred interesting people on Facebook, in the last year. Most of these types of connections occur because we belong to a certain group. I’m connected to a few ‘peace’, ‘environment’, etc type of groups. I was super delighted to see this peaceflower from Mexico in my ‘inbox’ just last week!

Really and truly, I am being a little bit blown away by all of these artworks being sent to me by people whom I’ve never met (in person) before. I am deeply honoured.


This peace-person-flower (LOL!!!) was sent to me, however, by someone who I do now, very well. Ken and his twin brother, Jim and I have known each other since kindergarten. Ken and Jim are the two whom I’ve kept in best contact with through all the years since high school. We all chat a few times a year and we see each other every two years or so. Just last year, Ken and his wife Laura, had a beautiful baby boy and the celebrated with a wedding ceremony (I wrote a nice blog story last summer, about that event). So… Laura had a few friends over and they were chatting about my art project and since they don’t have sidewalks were they live, they came up with this idea. It took me a few moments to stop laughing when I saw this picture!!!

I’m so glad that everyone is having so much fun with this little ‘global’ art project. Thanks, so much, to everyone – for participating and sharing so many smiles…
If you would like to add your peaceflower to this collection simply email the photos to me at peacefulwarrior333@hotmail.com and let me know your name, city, province/state and country where your art was created.

Jim

PS – This will be my last blog entry for about twelve days, as Jo’ and I (and all the pets) are taking a little time off to enjoy some solitude. My first ‘holiday’ in over two years… I’m very excited!

No comments: