Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mr. Jim Is Fun!


Hello! My name is Mr. Jim and I’ll be your school bus driver for the rest of this blog!!!

What a blast I’ve had, over this last year, driving my big yellow bus and making lots of new friends with the world’s future leaders! Some days we sing songs together. Some days we share stories about detectives and magical pizzas. Some days the students bring me wonderful drawings inspired by thoughts of peace…


It’s been very interesting for me, to see how all the silly things that I do affect the students who ride my bus. I’ve witnessed a few of them turning into ‘peace’ monsters – LOL!


One day a student told me that I had inspired her to do a school project about recycling. She had found this picture on the internet and she used it in her project. She made a copy for me to decorate The Peacebus!


Another students had given me this picture to use as a decoration, as well. I’m always delighted to receive these images… especially when it’s from a student who doesn’t feel confident with their drawing ability. It shows that they’ve found a different way of expressing themselves by simply sharing images that they like.

This August, I spent a week driving kids to summer camp. I learned a few of their songs. One of my favourites was called ‘The Moose Song’. It had a simple beat and it was easy to change the words to write songs about any subject. Since then, I wrote this song for the students of my regular route. It is a repeat after me song, so when you’re reading the lyrics bellow try to image me, poorly singing one line, followed by thirty kids screaming out a repeat of that same line…

The Bus Song

We ride the bus to school
Where we learn the golden rule
We ride the bus to school
Where we learn the golden rule

Singing Way-ay-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!
Wayyyy-o! Wayyy-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!

We pass stops and signs
And thoughts that really blow my mind
We pass stops and signs
And thoughts that really blow my mind

Singing Way-ay-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!
Wayyyy-o! Wayyy-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!

Oui! C’est bon! Tres bien!
Well that’s all the French I know
Oui! C’est bon! Tres bien!
Well that’s all the French I know

Singing Way-ay-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!
Wayyyy-o! Wayyy-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!

Mr. Jim is fun
Singing songs with everyone
Mr. Jim is fun
Singing songs with everyone

We sing Rock’n’Roll
The music really lifts my soul
We sing Rock’n’Roll
The music really lifts my soul

Singing Way-ay-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Way-o!
Wayyyy-o! Wayyy-o!
Way-o! Way-o! Way-o! Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-o!


So… you’d think that I would have already run out of stories and art by the students of The Peacebus…but I still have more!!! Tune in to my next blog entry to learn how Mr. Jim “Busdriver Extrodinaire!” has made PEACE a fashion statement……..

Mr. Jim

No comments: