Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy 11 Year Anniversary

Joanne and I met almost fifteen years ago. Fourteen years ago – on this day – Jo’ and I had our first date… and we’ve been inseparable ever since. We had our wedding ceremony on our third year anniversary of being together and that was eleven years ago.

Thanks Joanne – you have made my life worth living!!!

During the first few months of our lives together I was studying photography. Joanne and I would go for long walks in the parks throughout London and I always had my camera with me. I like taking pictures from unusual vantage points and for this photo I had climbed into a tree.


I woke up today and found a wonderful letter that Joanne had written for me. I wanted to do something nice for Jo’, too – so while Koly and I were having lunch in our back garden I wrote this poem:

A Poem For Joanne

The more I know you
The more I love you
The more I can
Never be without you

The more I see you
The more I need you
The more I want to
Never be without you

You are my shining light
That soothes the cover of night
You are my hearts delight
And I’ll always love you
With all my might

I’m grateful for all the days we’ve shared
And I look forward to many more
To feel the love that’s deeper than all the oceans
To be the kiss that waves upon our shore.

Jim

No comments: