Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Art For Earth – 2003

During the Autumn of 2003 Joanne and I were living in Nova Scotia so that I could continue working on my national art project entitled: Canada Glorious To Be.
http://www.bitsandpeaces.com/Canglointro01.htm

I had read in a local Wolfville newspaper that there was going to be an art auction fundraising event for the local theatre. I thought that it would be fun to get a few student artists together to create an artwork for this event. A nearby art studio helped me find these young artists and another friend helped out, as well. Her name is Mary and we worked together at a local nightclub. I was the bartender and sometimes DJ and Mary was the cook. On Sundays, Mary and I would sing a few songs together during our karaoke nights. Link to photo:
http://bitsandpeaces08.blogspot.com/2008/07/great-weekend.html

It was a great way to spend the day. We got together before noon and just five hours later our painting was finished.

The local paper heard about this effort and a small story appeared in the next week’s edition.

The night of the art auction finally arrived and the young artists were super happy about the whole thing. They had come with their parents to show off their work and we all enjoyed all the other art that was there to help a community organization. The parents had expressed the joy that this whole experience had brought to their children.

My favourite part of the whole night was the chocolate fountain. The event had been catered with lots of other yummy hors d’oeuvres, but you could not drag me away from the chocolate fountain. It was the first time that I had ever seen one so I made the most of it with: strawberries, bananas, specialty cookies and lots of other items that tasted great with warm melted chocolate dripped of them.

Oh my! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Jim

No comments: