Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Greats of the Grass #1 of 3

Now, I am completely aware that cities like Edmonton and Winnipeg see more than their share of cold winter blasts, but I still feel justified when I say, “Oh man! Super BRRRRRRRRRR!” It was so cold today that the students of Victoria School (and I imagine most other schools) remained inside for their recess breaks.

The day began with a rescheduling of the art contest finals. A few students were still working on their art, when I arrived, so I told them to relax, take their time, enjoy their work and that we would delay the judging until after lunch. Here are the four artworks that won the students ‘Art For Earth’ T-shirts…


Right away, the painting continued…


I really had fun with these students. We joked around a lot and the time seemed to speed by very rapidly. Within a blink of an eye, the painting was complete…


Thank you, grade 8 students of Victoria School, for making it easy to find my smile for the last three days!!!

Jim

No comments: