Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowmaggedon???!!!

Remember in the old days when we would say that it was going to snow today. Now, everything is exaggerated... in the news they are referring to this snow storm as Snowmaggedon.

Well, I had plans to tell a story about another art peace, but I ended up having to spend quite a bit of time shovelling my driveway. So, for today, I'm simply going to share a poem that I wrote a few years ago. I had almost forgotten about it, but I stumbled upon it today, while doing some other art related work.

FREEFALL

Although we have poisoned our skies
And tainted our soils
Cut down all our timber
And reaped (from war) its spoils
A vision still captivates my mind
Of a future to behold
Filled with all the spirits
Not bending under a heavy load

We will know no hate
We will reflex with gentle hand
We will shine with the peace
That has finally swept over all lands

Of course, there will be the rising tides
That will spread disease near and far
But, with a blink of history
This suffering will pass
Leaving only a subtle scar

We will adapt and evolve as we always have
And (this time) we will learn from our mistakes
But first we must survive this freefall
Having been tossed from our car
Cuz we were too afraid to use the brakes

Until again,

Jim

No comments: